Tuesday, August 31, 2010
why can't i figure this out?!
okay, so as a mom, i've learned that i can do A LOT of things. for example, i can pour milk into a sippy cup while at the same time pouring and mixing formula into a bottle. i can walk uphill on a treadmill while managing a baby on my hip all in an effort to keep him from crying and waking up his brother while i "finish my workout". i can identify any and all diggers by name, and by name i mean, excavator, mechanical mole, backhoe, mini front loader, bull dozer, dump truck, etc...not simply just "digger", because that is not specific enough for someone. i can use a public restroom while holding a baby and managing a toddler, all of us being in one stall....(don't judge, you'd figure it out also if you were desperate!! so maybe we all picked up a few germs.) i can "drive", text daddy asking him when he'll be home, while reaching back, moving the j-u-n-k around on the floorboard to find the dropped pacifier, and reassure hudson that yes, i did in fact hear that noise, and yes, it was a fire truck.....repeat the fire truck scene about 50 times, accidentally cancel the text before sending it, and after over-straining both arms still not be able to find that silly paci! i can eventually search the car for that favorite paci, find it, and accidentally drop it on the grocery store floor while trying to put hudson back into the cart....give it to hayes anyway and then realize a few seconds later that he's quiet not because of the paci, but because he's happily chewing on the cart strap that has another child's food stuck to it!!!! oh my gosh, i can then about die, but i keep going. i can use crazy amounts of Oxy Clean in a weeks amount of time. i can sing along to wheels on the bus and B-I-B-L-E before realizing that i'm in the car by myself. i can carry 56lbs of pure, precious boys at the same time and then still ask myself, gosh, what did i do to my back today?! and the list goes on.....yet, i CAN NOT figure out how to work this blog. my sweet friend becca came over today and gave me a crash course in editing my text, hence this first post, and i've tried the template, but haven't had any luck yet. so hayley, yes, it will be a while longer before my title, layout, profile, and on and on will change!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can already tell this is going to be great! I'm no help on how to blog, but I know you'll get it sorted out soon. Can't wait to read more about the Clark adventures!
ReplyDeleteWhenever you get a chance, and from reading your first post I've come to realize that you've got a ton of spare time on your hands, ;) haha...I crack my self up! Well, when you get the chance, go to cutest blog on the block and click on "secrets" and it should have a tutorial on how to get your background working! Sorry I didn't have time to fix it all for you, but glad you got your post atleast :)
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing Lauren .... and so is your Blog! This will be great to capture precious memories of special times. I promise these are the times you will cherish! Love you!
ReplyDeleteJust saw this!! I like it!
ReplyDeleteI don't blog, but I'm so glad you are going to start! I can already relate.
ReplyDelete