***long winded warning!!***it's been a crazy couple of weeks for us. since our last post, we've been sick again, learned from my sweet friend becca how to fix my blog-but have yet to sit down and actually do it ;), eaten an over-abundance of cookies, finally got around to dropping hayes' bed down since he is 10 months now and i've seen him leaning over the edge on the video monitor, stayed up until 4 in the morning at a sleepover that didn't include babies, have started the preschool "process", have quit the preschool "process", and now have started the "process" again, have enjoyed hearing about hudson's first day of bible study and his first day of 'school', and have spent a lot of time just reflecting on this past year ......... school starting seems to be my "new year". it signifies a fresh start for me, a chance to get back to the things i love, ditch a few things that didn't work, and make the things that did work even better. in a lot of ways, each new day that i have the opportunity to parent is like a "new school year". i'm constantly tweaking, ditching, re-vamping, thinking, wondering, encouraging, etc. now that we seem to be past our really hard start to hayes' life and my difficulties with managing my health and both kids seem to have disappeared, i truly am seeing each day, each "new school year," as such a blessing and one to be so treasured. will and i have spent a lot of time talking about the kind of boys we want to raise to be strong, tender-hearted, joy filled, Lord loving men, husbands and fathers. a sermon that we heard at church not long ago added to this conversation and during the service a song was played. it's called The Words I Would Say. this song really resonated with me and my heart filled with joy at the fact that i have an opportunity to say these words to my precious sons, words that i hope will resonate with them as they are shaped and molded into the boys and men God has created them to be....
Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page,
And I started writing,
Just what I'd say,
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,
Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,
Last time we spoke,
You said you were hurting,
And I felt your pain in my heart,
I want to tell you,
That I keep on praying,
Love will find you where you are,
I know cause I've already been there,
So please hear these simple truths,
Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,
From one simple life to another,
I will say,
Come find peace in the Father,
Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say
love this song ;-)
ReplyDelete